Topic: Wireless scramble signal

I've been trying to develope a tool to send out scramble signals to people who try to connect to a wireless access point. Any suggestions?

Re: Wireless scramble signal

a radio scrambler or a a higher layer disconnectdevice or a true scrambler?

check hackaday.com I think. If it's not on there, I'll upload some docs on it.

edit: I'm bored, so I found the link: http://www.coin-operated.com/projects/wifihog

look over the board and knoppix.net's board and faq and google search before posting :)

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1392.html

thanks, i needed that. I set up a wifi access point and its wap encrypted but there's these wannabe script kiddies next door who are bent on cracking it.

in that case, just ban their MAC address, and only allow yours at the AP. i know it's trivial to change that, but often s-kiddies don't know.

and then throw up FakeAP... install a Radius Server and enable 802.1x... and then...  :shock:

that will teach those sorry bastards  lol

Jason Huggett, CISSP

and then file2air in the midst of fakeap, to only send deauth packets to their MAC address...

or alternatively buy some cable and use ethernet instead wink

oh sure, take the logical solution fat  wink

Jason Huggett, CISSP

lol

actually i have just been long term donated a new Cisco AP that i am installing at my office.

Basically what i am going to do is install the AP in a DMZ and use VPN access on the DMZ with WEP. I am lucky as I have some pretty high end kit to play with (e.g. 14 DMZ's on my firewall) but equally you could do the same with $50 of kit purchased from a jumble sale (would just take you longer)

If you wanted to be clever you could setup a transparent squid proxy and forward all HTTP requests to a web page that states quite clearly that the hack attempts are being monitored and logged for criminal prosecution.

Hows that then lol

That would be good fun. We have a wireless bridge at work set up the same way you describe actually. On a DMZ and VPN'd between a couple of PIX's. I cranked away on that for over a month with every tool I could get my hands on and got squat.

Jason Huggett, CISSP